Join our extension tour to Timbuktu! We cannot stay overnight for security reasons, so it is a brief trip to get a taste of the highlights. For those who have not visited Mali previously, this tour joins our Mali Highlights Tour. The price for this tour is £2295 (including return private jet charter).
• Meet your driver and transfer to your hotel. We will meet for a group dinner in the evening.
• Early in the morning, we travel by private jet to Timbuktu. Here we will visit the grand mosque in the old medina, the centre of manuscripts, a 16th-century university mosque, and the house of Alexander Gordon Laing, the first European to visit Timbuktu.
• Afterwards, we visit the Ethnological Museum to see the Well of Buktu. We will also visit Koranic schools and the workshop of the last master calligrapher.
• Later in the afternoon, we fly to Mopti, known as 'the melting pot of Mali'. Here we will visit the Komoguel Mosque before returning to Bamako.
• For those finishing their tour today, you will be transferred to the airport for your return flight.
• If you’re taking the rest of the Mali tour, please see the itinerary for the Mali Highlights Tour.